Has been getting a lot of new interest.
I created a few video adverts. You may have seen them on reddit, or some Raspberry Pi facebook groups. This was very beneficial, and I've had new callers out the wazzoo.
I think some of you more senior sysOps will say that influx comes and goes..but I want to make ya'll aware that advertising works, and... yea. I'm enjoying20 callers a day currently.
Who knows what tomorrow will bring, but today I have an influx. Should I keeppushing out adverts? I don't know.. I don't want to over do it... I also don'twannt stick my head in the sand.
I think 2o fOr beeRS has grown into its own as a BBS... and I guess I
did that,so... How are you doing?
MeaT, how have you grown into the superpower BBS that you are?! Lets keep bringing users and offering services. I am working on a few new things
on myboard... hack dumps, eXoDOS games and more... what are you working on?
What would draw YOU to BBSes? I DO think a lot of my callers are just... lol...looking for information to 'start their own BBS'. Those aren't the future...for me, anyway. :P So anyway, just writing...
I should stop.
I'm enjoying 20 callers a day currently.
That's real nice dude, yeah I have noticed in #subspace you're getting a great amount of visitors, nice to see more 2o for beers banners in that channel =)
Keep advertising, it works... getting your textmode ad into the BBS
advert echoes is a good idea, as many as possible, with some regularity.
I post different adverts at different times of the week, you will notice all my adverts are posted at precisely 13:37 on the day too.
MRC adverts come out on Thursdays at 18:00, Fridays at 02:00, 10:00 and 18:00 (all in UTC) so that people can get reminders closer to the event
qUAntUm RaDio! gets an advert once a week, as does tqwNet and thE qUAntUm wOrmhOlE.
I wouldn't say my BBS is a "superpower" by any stretch of the
imagination, however I guess that my BBS is popular because (in no particular order);
* it has a clean look interface, everything is easy to findAgree.. and this is super important, imo. My bbs is more of an explosion of all my 'bbs ideas'. Luckily, its kinda working ATM.. but yer board really FEELS solid.
* it's been running for ~800 days so word of mouth so to speak isI made sure I went over there and 'validated' or whatever my BBS... I need to go back and make sure its all setup perfect. being '2o fOr beeRS' is nice because I'm displayed so close to the start of the list. I've seen my BBS name in youtube videos, the Back2BBS doc, etc. because of just that.
* telnet bbs guide
* tqwNetThis is something I really wanna get into. I'm also starting to build a video studio - and I don't run a radio station or whatnot like you... but a website could help a lot. A blog, BBS info, videos and... 2o fOr beeRS stuff. I need to look into this; big time.
* website to promote it
* me always being around to help people to do this or thatI am just STARTING to do this. There is NOTHING wrong with it, and I'm happy to doso but... since I don't have all the knowledge you do I'm getting a lot of the 'How do I start a BBS' questions. I'm gonna create some BBS videos, that have been covered before, but with answers for 2021. I'm working on this...
* the documentaryI already feel like I 'know' mL... I might not know Christian as much, but.. it was really cool to 'see' you on the Back2BBS episodes.. I'm glad you were willing and able to do that, and that you did. I also think it was really beneficial to your BBS. :P Kudos.
* offering unique things like my bbsforever.com dns forwarding serviceLOL-Constructive criticism, and it'll show how ignorant I was a year ago... when I saw that @ Quantum Wormhole, I didn't 'understand' that it was a DNS forwarding service - and/or I didn't understand what a DNS forwarding service was! It IS perfect, mL... however some paragraph explaining it to COMPLETE NEWBIES might help.. as even I was like WTF is this, how do I use it, etc etc... Its perfect... I didn't know, or I might have grabbed a 20ForBeers.bbsforever.com...
Unique service to offer to people that they can't get anywhere else, the more captivating the more you will draw people in. Offer something
unique and fun or informational that can't be got from anywhere else people will come back for more and more. Before you know it you have regulars.
Yea, I really like your Discord bots. Both Meaty's Wormhole and The Underground channel have been places to bring together BBS people
outside of the textmode world... I've been advertising The Underground Discord, and bringing my new users there. Its a good companion to the
BBS, and fills in some spots where BBSes lack 'current tech'.
Great conversation starter Paulie and ML. These ideas, energy, and passion, are what make or break BBS'ing. I know there are many that
feel BBS's are nothing more then museums of the past; however I'm
finding many new users utilizing them in the present as a replacement of the toxicity of Social Media. Whether a BBS truly is nothing more then
a relic, I refuse to allow myself to have that mindset, as it only takes
a few good coders and artists to really show people that there is relevance to BBS'ing in 2021. The more that are helping peeps find both BBS's and Discord, the easier the efforts become -- both of you are much appreciated by many and I for your continued efforts.
Wow... lots to unpackage. I also like the Discord stuff, and mL with his MRC-LOBBY area... and other 'social' aspects of his D channel... I think he's doing a great job. Giving US ideas, even... and yea - its so cool
to join the meat-up when I'm working, and otherwise wouldn't be able
to... I'll share, tho - I need to make sure I'm not driving and graavy train'ing. OMG. :P
And dangit, tG... I wish you'd of told me earlier that you got SOME callers from 'your ads'.. I asked. :P Anyway, YES... I try really hard
not to over-do it on the non-BBS sites, because I think nothing would be worse than to BOT-Post stupid videos EVERY damn minute. But you're
Doug, you do GREAT with the modding... I freaking LOVE seeing what new stuff you come up with @ Underground. Party Time is AWESOME, Hitman is AWESOME, and I see you growing and learning to mod better. Good job,
dude. I have a good idea... but I'm slower than you. I'll share it in
I love that tG has kinda of opened his The Underground Discord channel
to me... at least for me to use, and invite folks to... I certainly
don't have the time to do another THING, and its really cool that I can still have a 'home base' on Discord. I am thinking of doing a weekend
hour for new sysOps, to answer their questions - I think it'll be beneficial for them to hear their peers questions; and they will come
away learning info that they didn't even know they might have needed. We'll need some mature sysOps to help with answers, and I would love to use The Underground Discord to host it. :P Maybe I can even rustle up a channel/area for new sysOp questions- or some title we come up with.
Absolutely, just let me know what you want the name of the channel to be and I'll get it set up for you to use (do so via PM on Discord as I
don't read the echos daily).
|Nodes:||10 (0 / 10)|